Office Administrator/Executive Assistant
Monday through Friday
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks a highly-skilled, well-organized, assertive, enthusiastic, and creative individual to work with the Executive Director to carry out a variety of administrative duties, including office management, financial record-keeping, human resources and payroll functions, procurement, and other functions as needed. This is a dynamic role with varied responsibilities and duties. The successful candidate will have a record of successful experience in an administrative/office capacity, as well as specialized knowledge in at least one of the areas of core responsibilities below.
- Executive Assistance – Assists Executive Director with a variety of administrative duties.
- Financials – Works with contracted Bookkeeper and Accountant to ensure proper recordkeeping, and timely deposits of receivables and disbursements of payables.
- Development – Maintains donor database and produces monthly donor reports; compiles and distributes monthly acknowledgement letters; copy-edits external communications materials.
- Human Resources – Provides support in all areas of HR, including hiring/termination, benefits, policies, and appreciation.
- Policies & Procedures – Writes, edits, and ensures compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Corporate Compliance – Works with Executive Director to ensure that the agency is in full compliance of all laws and regulations.
- Supplies Procurement – Oversees procurement of supplies and equipment for administrative and programmatic uses.
|· Enthusiasm for the mission
· Bachelors degree OR equivalent relevant experience
· 2+ year experience in office support
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Good social/”people” skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Comfort with MS Office and Google applications
|· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Highly flexible
· Operational management experience in an office setting
· Expertise in Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
· Knowledge of web-based database platforms
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who affirms and values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.